Increase a rows number by 1 day

Carnau

Office Version
  1. 365
I have a spread sheet. On the spreadsheet it has a row that has the numbers of days a vehicle has been in our inventory. What I would like it to do is increase every day based on the date of the spreadsheet.

So column 3 row A has a date of todays date. in a few days I may change it to 7/25/2022
Row E has the dates of the vehicles in our inventory and how many days they have been there ranging from 2 to 500

When I change the date to 7/25/2022 since I added 4 days to the Date is there any way I can make it so that it adds 4 to the already number in row E?

I hope this makes since.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
It could be done using some complicate VBA but it would far simpler to enter for each car the date it went into inventory and then use TODAY() to calculate the number of days it's been in inventory. Suppose D2 has the date the vehicle went into inventory:

Excel Formula:
=TODAY()-D2+1

is the number of days in inventory, including today. So if a car went into inventory yesterday, this would show 2 days in inventory.

I'm not sure why you are entering a date into A3 if it just supposed to be today's date. You can just use
Excel Formula:
=TODAY()

Upvote 0
It could be done using some complicate VBA but it would far simpler to enter for each car the date it went into inventory and then use TODAY() to calculate the number of days it's been in inventory. Suppose D2 has the date the vehicle went into inventory:

Excel Formula:
=TODAY()-D2+1

is the number of days in inventory, including today. So if a car went into inventory yesterday, this would show 2 days in inventory.

I'm not sure why you are entering a date into A3 if it just supposed to be today's date. You can just use
Excel Formula:
=TODAY()

I just need to know how many days old the unit is. We really don't put the date on there.
Here is an example of what I have. Also, I may not understand what you're saying either because I am new to spread sheets. Trying to learn. Thank you for all the help!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
We really don't put the date on there.
Putting the date in there is the only way you are going to get reliable data, and I say that as someone with over 40 years of experience in systems development.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back