INDEX AGGREGATE issue

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all,

I have an issue with my Excel file formula. it was previously working, but seems to have now gone wrong since making some changes to my workbook. It's cell B48 in the 'All Completed Runs - Summary' worksheet. The cell should display 'Trelai Park parkrun' then ',' then 'United Kingdom - Wales', [From column D, in the 'All Completed Runs' worksheet], then the value from cell A47, then 'Away'. i.e. Concatenate the three fields, with a comma and a space, after the first and 'Away' at the end.

What the cell should do, is display the above, but only if these two conditions are met:
- It is not a junior event (i.e. blank in column V of the 'Miscellaneous Data - AP' worksheet)
- Has not yet been completed (i.e. blank in column K of the 'Miscellaneous Data - AP' worksheet)

The result should be Trelai Park, which is 14k away from my home event of Coed Cefn-pwll-du. At the moment, this formula (when it worked) was giving me Newport junior parkrun, which it shouldn't do, as that is a junior event.

Link: parkrun - My parkrun Record - WORKING.xlsx

Thanks in advance!

So I believe the OP really wants this then:
=INDEX(SORT(FILTER('Miscellaneous Data - AP'!B3:J2002,('Miscellaneous Data - AP'!V3:V2002<>1)*('Miscellaneous Data - AP'!K3:K2002<>1)*('Miscellaneous Data - AP'!I3:I2002>0)),8,1),1,1)

If I'm understanding the table conventions correctly: column V on 'Miscellaneous Data - AP' =1 if the event is a junior event, so <>1 is desired... is this correct?
And then the column K <>1 means the event was not completed...that looks okay.

@ollyhughes1982, please see my questions in post #2. You mention in post #1 that data might be coming from two different worksheets, as you have mentioned both 'Miscellaneous Data - AP' and 'All Completed Runs'. Is there any reason why it could not all be taken from 'Miscellaneous Data - AP'?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
This site has bee absolutely invaluable in building my increasingly mega-sized parkrun results spreadsheet over the past month. I'm hopefully now coming towards the final stretch!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back