INDEX AND MATCH WITH STRANGE DATE

jevi

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am doing a simple formula with index and match but I can do this formula by adding another columns but I would like to have it in the same formula and use one colum instead of two.

at the column X I have this date 00010101 and I would like if it finds this date to give me blank in the formula:

=INDEX('DATI'!$X:$X;MATCH(1;(A1='DATI'!$A:$A)*('DATI'!$X2<>"00010101");0))

But is not working....so I want to do the match for the code and find out the dates which are in column X2 but not the ones with 00010101 so in case it find 00010101 it should leave blank and not put this date.

Thank you,

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Microsoft rolled out a new function in Excel. See if your version of excel already has it: XLOOKUP( ) . If so it will be easier to construct your formula.

Can you make a small example sheet (using just columns A, B and C)? You can then copy/paste that into your post and explain better where you have your formula and what the results are / should be.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have to try it at the computer in the office as at home doesn't work lookup. Thank you as I did read in the internet about it and it looks very interesting.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miahr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back