Index Chart

jpgordo

I have two sets of revenue numbers and I want to do an Index 100 chart (so that both numbers are indexed to 100 at the start)...

1996 1997 1998 1999 2000
500 700 900 1,100 1,200
900 900 900 900 900

etc. etc.

I'm not sure how the INDEX formula works or how to chart this to show the top number doubling with the other line stays near the 100 line.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I don't believe that INDEX is what you're looking for. INDEX returns a specific value from a matrix, using its row and column "coordinates". I don't seem to understand what you're trying to do, can you explain a little further ?

Upvote 0
I am not sure if this is what you want but to make the first number in your column to go up by 200. In cell A2 you would type the initial value of 500 then in cell B2 type in the formula A2+200 and then just click and drag and each year it would go up by 200.

Then just select the data and click on the chart wizard. It will do all the work for you.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
With the fixed numbers that are listed under the year 1996-2001 I want to be able to see the growth on an equal basis (on an Index of 100) - so that one line will show upward growth while the other remains stagnant.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry not I'm explaining this right...

Basically, on the above numbers - under 1996 - 500 and 900 I want to equal 100 to start - and then two trend lines will start from the same place. One line with growth and the other flat.
This message was edited by jpgordo on 2002-09-04 17:52

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back