Indirect alternative

dispelthemyth

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I currently use the below to reference a sheet as the sheet is deleted and recreated, so i use Indirect to stop the #REF errors once the sheet is deleted

The name of the sheet will always be the same, is there a way to not use indirect as i have this sheet reference about 100 times

INDIRECT("'Table!A:E")

I could use VBA to recreate the formula, but i was hoping there was an alternative formula that could be used

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
The only thing that springs to mind is to use clear contents and paste new data onto sheet. Rather than deleting and recreating.

Upvote 0
Good question Paddy, and thanks both of you for the input

I've been making a few adjustments to someone else's file (Mandated we have to use it) to better suit my end users, the owner wrote probably 20K+ characters of code which does some pretty complex work

What i'm trying to do is create some sheets that i can just add to this pack rather than adjust their code as they make adjustments to that every time i use it, so its hard to track changes so it's easier to just use formulas rather than amend their code every time i use that template.

If its not possible (Which i thought it likely that Indirect was the only option) i'll just add a new module to recreate the formula after the template has done its work

Why is the sheet deleted and recreated?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back