Info on setting up OAuth2 with Excel VBA

SeniorTom

Board Regular
I have an Excel project that has been sending email for the last 3 years and now gmail has put restrictions on Username and password access. I have seen post stating I need to use OAuth2 now, but I can't seem to find any example of how to do it. I think I understand the big picture, but my experience is limited in the details.

My error is "The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available"

Can anyone direct me to some example code?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I have tried to setup Quickstart, but get hung up on Domain name. I have a single google group with one user on my home network. Any thoughts on what domain I can use?

Regards,
Tom

Upvote 0
Could you link to the post that says you need to use OAuth2? It's quite complicated

Upvote 0
Having problems finding it, but my original question has been resolved

If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I didn't know if I could delete the thread. Is there a way to remove it when it is no longer relevant?

Upvote 0
In future when cross-posting, please provide the link(s) at the time you cross-post, not sometime later.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back