Insert a Row Below

mjones

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Is there a way to insert a row below the row you’re on?

I know, you’ll say to go to the row below that one and insert, which inserts a row above and below the row I want. HOWEVER, I can’t go to the row below because it’s likely filtered out.

Currently, I’m unfiltering, finding the row again (why won’t Excel stay on the row I’m on after unfiltering – I digress), go to the row below, add the row above, and filter again . . . very cumbersome when doing it hundreds of times in a 7200-row spreadsheet.

Thanks again,

Michele

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hello @mjones

I'm not sure if it's hidden somewhere in the Excel Options, but if you don't mind installing a 3rd party tool like the Excel AddOn ASAP Utilities for Excel it's possible.
ASAP Utilities is free for Home use but requires registration if used in a Company.

1716674011121.png

1716674058266.png

Upvote 0
Thank you Pete. I have a business account with Microsoft but I'll check it out. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
If you do it on a regular basis, you could use a macro
VBA Code:
Sub InsertRow()
dim r as long
r = activerow
Cells(r + 1, 1).EntireRow.Insert
End Sub

Upvote 0
. . . very cumbersome when doing it hundreds of times in a 7200-row spreadsheet.

For ease of use & convenience sake, take the code that @Michael M gave you above and assign it to a button or shape. That way, you can just click on it to run your macro.

Upvote 0
There was something about @Michael M that did not look right to me. I tested it out and it did not work for me. "activerow" is not a valid object that exists - not for Excel 2010 anyway. Perhaps it is for Office 365 but I can't say for sure since I don't use that particular version.

Here is the corrected code.

VBA Code:
Sub InsertRow()
dim r as long
r = ActiveCell.Row
Cells(r + 1, 1).EntireRow.Insert
End Sub

Upvote 0
@Burrgogi
Thx for the pickup...typing while in the car is not healthy or wise, (not in the drivers seat BTW)....(y):cool:

Upvote 0
No worries Michael, its'a tag team effort sometimes. And it looks like I made a typo of my own when I commented earlier.

There was something about @Michael M that did not look right to me.

Although I haven't seen a picture of Michael, I'm sure @Michael M looks fine. It was his code I was referring to. Oops!

Upvote 0
Thank you all! Exactly what I needed! You've saved me tons of time!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back