Insert Date & Time in a column upon data change for first time only

HECGroups

Board Regular
Hello Again,

I am looking for a macros VBA where a user insert or update a data the date and time should be insert in column I and save the workbook.

Note: If the column I already have the date and time inserted before then it should give message record already have date and time.

I am using office 2010.

Thank you.

I have put password for a sheet before activeworkbook.save so that the user did not change the date or time. But now the requirements have changed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
This code won't solve what seems to be HECGroups' dilemma. With this code, the user will still be able to edit data in a row where a timestamp already exists. The MSGBOX will show up, but that alone does not prevent a user from editing data that has already once been edited. The locking and unlocking of cells based on the timestamp column entry could work, but what about using Application.Undo in combination with the code Joe4 submitted.
Correct. The code provided was for the initial question in the original post. From the reply previous to that one, I thought he might have that issue already ironed out, and just needed help with this part.
Now the scenario is totally changed can i continue on the same thread or open a new one. Retirement is the same but added some new requirements.

Waiting for your response.
Has it changed yet again? What is the current situation?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. Below is the details.

Duplicate Record Details:
Once I enter a value in column B. It should check the same value on above data. If the data found then it should check same row but in column Z for date. If date is within 30 days from current date then it should tell me value is duplicate (If possible highlight with color). If the date is above 30 days then it should not assume as duplicate record.

Example: If I enter 100 and there is 100 is appearing 3 time then it should display a only 1 message with cell address in one message only multiple times. Message: 100 is found on database in B13, B23 & B55.

Date & Time Stamp:
If the record is not duplicate then allow the user to complete the data up till last column i.e. From Column A to Column AT. The user can fill full column or skip the column as blank based on client data. Once the user enter the data up till last column and press enter the sheet automatically password protected.

Special Request:
If you explain your script while writing it. This will be a great help in learning VBA. More over if need any changes I can do it by myself instead of bothering you again and again.

Sample File

Upvote 0
Just wanted to let you know that I am away at training all this week with limited access (which is why I have not replied), so it may be a while before I can get back to this.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have been very busy lately, and just got back to looking at this now. It seems that your question is turning into a much more complex project, one that might be a bit too much to expect someone to do for you.

The main purpose of this forum is to "help users help themselves" with very specific questions, not really do consulting-like project work for free. I fear that we may be slipping into that area here.

If you are truly looking for someone to create this for you, you might want to consider looking into consulting services. If you want to do it yourself, but just need help, it is always good to post what you have done, or your attempts at doing it. That kind of initiative usually seems to attract more help, as people can see that you are making an attempt at it. Searching this forum, as well as Google searches, can be a great way to get started. You can find lots of good information and code already out there, that you may be able to incorporate into your projects.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HockeyBoi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back