Insert new rows based on user input

remmuS24

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Not sure if this is possible, or just wishful thinking: Is there way using either VBA or a formula for a user to manually enter the number of rows required and have excel to extend the rows to meet that number? In the attached image attached, there are 2 user input fields: the first at E17, and the second at I17. E17 would control how many rows should be appearing for example between the current rows 21:25 (and copy through the formulas as well). I17 would control how many rows should be appearing for example between the current rows 27:31 (while still copying the formulas as well). I'm pretty sure I've seen this somewhere before, but can't find it.

The harder part to my question is, is there a way for those same user inputs to also expand the number of rows in additional areas? For example, to also include new rows between 37:41, and 42:46, and then 72:76 and 77:81? The thought/goal is for the user to insert the required number of walls/rows required for design, and then have the sheet populate the required number of rows in each calc section to then size the walls without the user having to manually copy the solved rows and then do a "insert copied cells" multiple times in each section until they get the correct number of rows.

Attachments

• post question.png
    post question.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iaincmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back