Insert WAV file in Col on next available row

Ligg

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I would like a VBA macro to pull any WAV file from a drive containing music compositions and insert it into Col B of an excel sheet on the next empty row. The WAV file is to be playable later.
The Excel Book is named Tune Player and has 3 category sheets named Electric, Acoustic and Keyboard. The headings in each sheet are identical - col A is Song, col B is Audio File (WAV).
I have the row height currently set at 75 pixels, col B width at 146 pix and col A width at 230 pix.
The path to the WAV files is E:\Compositions\Category folder (Electric, Acoustic or Keyboard)\Song Folder\Audio files folder\WAV file
I would like a button on each Excel sheet which takes user to the relevant category folder which from which they can select the song and WAV file required and have it inserted in Col B, next empty row.
I have been doing this manually and the WAV file inserts approximately in col B and about the right size for the chosen cell. I have been manually tweaking size and position but better if automatic.
I notice that when later going to play each WAV file. the cursor turns to a 4 pointed star. It plays the audio Ok but I don't know if all is correct.
Thanks,
Ligg
Tune player.jpg

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back