Insert → Object → Word Document → P rint

ewoeckel

This might not be the easiest to type out, so if something does not make sense, please replay and I will try to further clarify what I am attempting to complete. For sake of argument, lets say "Doc1" is the original formal proposal document and "Exe1" is the original pricing tool.

So "Exe1" (original pricing tool) holds information relating to a project. There are several options which can modify the scope of the work and the price of said project. Historically we manually transfer the scope of work and pricing over to the "Doc1" (formal proposal document). I am now trying to combine Doc1 and Exe1 for a one stop shop (i.e., enter customer information, what they want to order, and print a nice clean formatted document). I know this is possible using the "object" feature in excel, but I am missing something important to pull it off, and I am not sure what it is.

It seems easy in theory and I stated working with the "object" fields in excel and "paste special & link" features in word. This worked so long as the Exe1 and Doc1 were on the same computer and their respective names were not changed. The first time I attempted to save and reuse the excel sheet, I thought everything was going fine. There were no errors, until I attempted to print the word document generated from the input in excel, however there were none of the options I had implemented. That is because the "links" were setup between Exe1 and Doc1, and not Exe2 (Exe1 just saved under a different name).

So is there a way to generate my proposal internal to excel without having to worry about document names? Anyone help will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back