Inventory tracking of invoice number

JPAnderson04

Office Version
  1. 2013
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys! Im here to ask help for our little business. We are a partner agent of a local logistics company. They provide us shipping forms and ORs (official receipt) to be issued for every transaction. They are Usually in batches.

We issue one shipping form and a receipt number together or sometimes mutiple shipping form but one receipt number only.

A. How to track or make sure that no shipping form and Receipt number will be skipped? What is the good formula for this?

We want to make sure that every form is used and not lost because every shipping form lost has a monetary value. In case we lose it, even the shipping form was not used in any transaction, we will pay for it.

B. From a table of shipping forms (eg. WPS0001 to WPS 0100), i want to automatically remove
a shipping number when mark as USED.

C. How to automatically mark a shipping number as USED/CANCELLED/PAID/UNPAID when used.

Thank you in advanced.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi JP, welcome to MrExcel

There are a few ways of handling your issues. But to find the best solution I need to know how you (would like to) work.

I am assuming the shipping form numbers are stored in a worksheet, and
that the Receipt numbers are also stored in a worksheet.
Are they stored in the same sheet, in different sheets? Do new numbers get added to the end? On which cell does this range start? Can the macro delete the entire row?

It is very easy to set up a macro that deletes the row when USED is typed in a cell. But like you say, it is far nicer if this gets automated.

Making things user friendly, takes some planning but is worth it in the end.

The most secure way of doing this is by having the numbers stored in the workbook, where the users can't get to them directly. When they open the workbook, a user form will ask them how many shipping numbers they need, and if a receipt number is required. It then issues these numbers.
The macros then remove the numbers from the available lists and moves them to the used number lists, together with the name of the person that requested the numbers and the date issued.
For completeness there should also be a method to return unused numbers.

So there should be an admin form as well, where the used numbers can be shown and their status can be altered. For the shipping numbers the status can be altered to PAID or CANCELLED. If Cancelled, should they then be returned to the pot?

Let me know your thoughts.

Upvote 0
Hi Sijpie ?

thank you so much for reaching out. I was quite hesistant to post in any excel forum for I am a complete beginner on this matter. ?

right now, i placed everything in one worksheet,

the columns look like this.

Date-shipping number-receipt number-type of transaction-amount

you actually guessed what i hoped it would like.
I want a separate list of worksheet where all shipping numbers are encoded.( that i can also add when new batch comes) the shipping number varies BTW. Then if it is used, it is removed from that list then go to another worksheet. If it is cancelled, it will go to another worksheet.

also I hope to include a vlookup where I can see the details related to the shipping number such as transaction date, amount, etc.

any help is highly appreciated. ?

Upvote 0
Is it something like this that you want?

1606985893986.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back