Excel Customer List to Word Offer and Invoice template, with unique invoice number list and buttons to create

_SGX_

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Excel Experts,

I'm coming to you with a question, I'm helping out my friend with digitalizing their tools for their business, starting with a customer list, so they can use the details later for mailings, (now everything is on paper and in the word templates, so they don't have a nice standardized form/list.

So the idea is the following:
  • There is an excel file with basic customer information:
    • Lyssens_Klanten.xlsx
      ABCDEFGHIJKL
      1SalutationFirstNameLastNameAddress - Street + nrAddress - Postalcode + CityPhoneNumberCellphoneNumberEmailOffer NumberInvoice Number
      2DhrSteinGoetschalckxTestlaan 12018 Antwerp+32 474 789 872stino@hotmail.comOfferte 2023/001Factuur 2023/001MAAK OFFERTEMAAK FACTUUR
      3MevrStinaGeeTestlaan 22020 Antwerp+32 3 820 82 82stina@hotmail.comOfferte 2023/002MAAK OFFERTEMAAK FACTUUR
      4Dhr & MevrStein & MariaBeeTestlaan 32021 Antwerp+32 478 656 989steinmaria@hotmail.comOfferte 2023/003Factuur 2023/002MAAK OFFERTEMAAK FACTUUR
      Klanten
  • I'd like to make a "Make Offer"-button and a "Make Invoice"-button (ideally behind every line, which will make an offer or invoice using the data of the line AND put a unique, successive offer or invoice number in 2 extra columns in the back (
  • The excel fields are entered in a word template, still need to make actual fields in the template for the excel to be automatically filled in... Maybe you also know the best way to do this for this setup?
  • Last but optional step is to add a VBA code in the template so that after he's done editing the word, it can save the word + PDF export in a specific location ánd open a new email with specific text if it's an offer or an invoice (title would change slightly, body of text would change slightly,...)
How can I give you guys examples of the word doc templates?

1702761555353.png

I don't mind using VBA, I'm quite sure it's necessary in the above case? Thanks a lot in advance, Kind regards,
Stein

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back