invitation to become a member of DRAFT

M$ Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition
Surely there's a place there for the half-cooked implentations, or the half-a$$ed developers :unsure: (Unless that's giving too much credit :rolleyes: )

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Easy now. For starters if you all hate microsoft so much why are you all using their product? There ARE other spreadsheets on the market. The answer is simple, it happens to be one of the best spreadsheet products on the market. If you think I'm wrong, prove it by not using the product and picking something else.

...why are you all using their product? ...
Because I changed employers and my current employer is an MNC and Excel files can be e-mailed more readily all around the globe. And while some may indeed hate MS, I don't. But let's be honest MS is very, very seldom truly innovative. I can remember when the Apple II came out - so I here's what I remember about MS's offerings <ul>[*]DOS? It was a clone of someone else's OS.[*]Windows 3.1? Was in response to the Mac (which implemented Xerox's PARC-created ideas).[*]Word? Was a clone of WordPerfect. How much has MS exceeded WordPerfect?[*]Access? Paradox was years ahead of it.[*]Excel? Was in response to Lotus-123 (Or VisiCalc if you want to go way back). Even as recently as the mid-90's QuattroPro had a lot of innovations.[*]X-Box? A clone of Sony's Playstation.[/list]There is something to be said for commoditization of an idea and that's MS's strength. But it's gonna take someone like Google with their spreadsheet to really give MS a kick in the britches and get them to explore new ideas with Excel.

Now - to get a bit back on-topic (Hi, Erik) is it just me or is there a paucity of African-American (or even African) members of DRAFT?

Jesus Greg - I thought you sounded mature, but I didn't realise quite what an old geezer you really were! Love the beard/hair combo!!

Well until Petrulis can come up with a humdinger of an avatar, (or for a couple of days at least) I'll be our token African American. Most Americans (or at least those that weren't asleep during American History) will recognize that portrait as being Frederick Douglass; one of our country's most important historical figures.

<sup>edit</sup> GIA - Oh good heavens, what have I done!?!?! ROFL! <sub>/edit</sub>

Rich, Miss the AKA Parsnip!

'***********************************************

"Location: Earth, Work Assignment from hell"

Reminds me of my favorite bathroom wall quote [from the third floor physics labs, bathroom]:

Question: Is there intelligent life on Earth?
Answer: Yes, but we are only visiting!

:ROFLMAO: Oh, that is funny. But on a [somewhat] serious note - it is rather interesting, isn't it? Lots of implications nestled in that observation...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back