Is it possible to make dynamic range of Data Table?

gifariz

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is it possible to make dynamic range of Data Table? Preferably without VBA.
I have a spreadsheet that can calculate for up to 10,000 rows of Data Table, it takes about 10 seconds to calculate all.
Most of the time, only about 1000 rows is needed so I want to optimize the speed, but sometimes 10,000 is needed.
I couldn't find the Data Table range in Name Manager to make the range dynamic using some of dynamic functions.
I also couldn't find way to resize Data Table range, I had to remove and then redefine the Data Table each time I need to resize.
Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
If you mean the =TABLE() function, then I don't think you can since it's the output array you want to be dynamic and that is entirely dependent on where you entered it.

Upvote 0
Solution
Do you mean an Excel Table? It's dynamic by definition
No, I mean this Data Table from Data ribbon and What-If menu.

If you mean the =TABLE() function, then I don't think you can since it's the output array you want to be dynamic and that is entirely dependent on where you entered it.
Oh I didn't know it is a 'function'. I still don't understand how this special function works, but anyway, so it can't be dynamic. Other features like chart and pivot table can have dynamic reference by defining it in name manager, but I guess not with Data Table. Thank you for answering.

Upvote 0
Other features like chart and pivot table can have dynamic reference by defining it in name manager
Yes, but that's the input range, not the output one. With TABLE, your input is just one or two cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back