Is it possible to return a PowerPivot calculated column to an Excel table?

cr731

If I have a data table and in that table in Power Pivot, I have some calculated columns - is there any possible way to get the values of the calculated column back into the table in Excel (as opposed to only have acccess to those calculated columns in a pivot table)?

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
I don't think so. What have you calculated that you can't do with regular formulas?

Tianbas

Board Regular
You can return any datapoint from your PowerPivot data tables to an Excel cell with CUBE formulas. Just search a bit on that in the forum. To get started you can create a pivot with that calculated column and than go to options->OLAP Tools->convert to formulas. This will convert all data from the Pivot into CUBE formulas. These formulas you can use in any "standard" Excel calculations.

cr731

I don't think so. What have you calculated that you can't do with regular formulas?
Well, I was hoping to gain performance/efficiency from using a Powerpivot table. I have a table of about 50,000 rows and need to use multiple MIN(IF statements which would require arrays in regular Excel; and in Powerpivot I could use the CALCULATE formula. Is that more efficient though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasonT903

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics