Is there a 64bit VFPODBC driver workaround?

9tanstaafl9

Anyone know if there is a workaround for the fact that the VFPODBC driver isn't supported anymore and now programs are running in 64bit?

I know this isn't technically the correct forum, as my issue is with an Excel report that connects to visual foxpro tables just fine with 32bit Excel 2010 (on server 2008), but not 64bit Excel 2010 using the 32bit VFPODBC driver, but I thought you guys might have a solution.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jennifer

Here is my connection for anyone who does Excel:

DSN=Visual FoxPro Tables;UID=;;SourceDB=M:\MB7\De-Cal;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Thanks, I can use that as ammo when I tell them that they need to downgrade and that there isn't a workaround. Why does anyone need the 64bit version anyway if they are recommending that one? Why do they even have it?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I can use that as ammo when I tell them that they need to downgrade and that there isn't a workaround. Why does anyone need the 64bit version anyway if they are recommending that one? Why do they even have it?
From what I have read, 64 bit is required *only* if you want to open and work with truly huge workbooks (though why you wouldn't use a database instead beats me...)
Partly because the 64-bit Office requires different APIs there are too many issues with it to recommend as a package for now.

Denis

Upvote 0
There are some possible problems even if you use 32-bit.
Have a look at the following, particularly my post #9 and also post #11.
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447852

Thank you! I didn't know about the printing issues, because while I know my report works with the 32 bit version (that's what we use ourselves) I never personally have tried to print it (it's more of an on-screen report). So I'll warn him about that if he decides to downgrade. I think some people just go with the 64bit because they think more is better.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tungnmqn90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back