Is there a way to capture the date/time group for query refresh?

Mr_Phil

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi, I am still stumbling with PQ so it is ok to laugh at the question ;)

I click on Data > Refresh All to update a fairly large workbook. Today it appears that not all the queries refreshed. So I want to add a cell or column or something to the query to show me when it last refreshed. That way I can watch for it and if something is broken I at least have a start point. I did a generic google search and found a couple of VBA MACROS that I can make work. But, since I am studying PQ I would really be happy if the solution is something new to me in PQ. Any advice appreciated and thank you for taking time to read this question.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Go to tab Data --> Queries and Connections --> hoover over your specific table. It shows a last refreshed field

Upvote 0
Solution
Go to tab Data --> Queries and Connections --> hoover over your specific table. It shows a last refreshed field
Thanks. Is there a way to capture that data in a cell? It would be perfect if I could label a cell on each tab and the date and time refreshed was populated.

Upvote 0

I did like you said and was contemplating how to get the information into the table or "on the page". I googled refresh, table, query, date and a few others and landed on this video in youtube.

I liked it except that the first solution didn't tell me when any other queries were updated. But, I learned the correct syntax to get the local date and time.

Then, during the video I noted the add columns tab. So I added a custom column and used the DateTime.LocalNow() statement. So I have another column in the query and every cell is populated with the most recent refresh. It aint pretty, but the next time it acts up I can look at each query and see what did not do as expected.

Thanks for the help man. Have a great day/evening.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back