Issue with Userform READING dates as USA

AnvarJay

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone, I have searched for help in many forums etc and all look and sound right but none are working for me.
1625888236529.png

As you can see my Spreadsheet is in dd/mm/yy but as my userform reads the data it changed it to mm/dd/yy and i set a msgbox to show also incase the value of the item changed again. I can get it to right the data as dd/mm/yy but when i then go back in again the spreadsheet is correct at dd/mm/yy but the userform again reads it as mm/dd/yy and i must again manually change it even if i dont need to edit that field.

1625888598265.png

Thats the code for pulling up the form to show what is already in the sheet, except it chaged to mm/dd/yy. Also my local settings are all as Australian, and set to local - *dd/mm/yy settings.

Does anyone have some suggestions. This is just a play with file to get the dates working as all of the rest of the real sheet is fine and doesnt do anything to the dates anyway. So this sample will be all i need to get right to then put it in my larger file code.
Thanks

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
That's odd. I'm in Australia, too, and not having that problem.

If I set
TextBox1 = Format(Range("qaz").Value, "dd/mm/yy") where named range "qaz" is a date, the result looks ok
and this line MsgBox "Today is " & TextBox1 gives me the right format

I am using Excel 365. What is your version?

Upvote 0

If I set
TextBox1 = Format(Range("qaz").Value, "dd/mm/yy") where named range "qaz" is a date, the result looks ok

all this above was done on ver 2010 but at work where i am making a MUCH larger project is 2007 which doesnt have half of the things that can make life easier but getting used to it. I will try the format that way and see if that helps. thanks

Upvote 0
Does anyone have some suggestions. This is just a play with file to get the dates working as all of the rest of the real sheet is fine and doesnt do anything to the dates anyway. So this sample will be all i need to get right to then put it in my larger file code.
Thanks

Use the Range.Text property - this returns the formatted text (what you see in the cell) for the specified object

Rich (BB code):
Me.TxtCustomer.Value = ws.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Text

Dave

Upvote 0

If I set

OK nearly got it thanks. Now i have these two lines of code below.

'Me.TxtContacted.Value = Format(Range("ws.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 2)").Value, "dd/mm/yy")
Me.TxtContacted.Value = Format(Range("B2").Value, "dd/mm/yy")

I have commented 1st line out as it comes up with this eeror, which in pict also shows lines of code.
1625894662890.png

but the line under using range("B2") works and cell B2 is correct but i need the code to auto pull up the Activerow as it changes depending on wwhat line i am in the spreadsheet and needs this code to autochange with it.
Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Use the Range.Text property - this returns the formatted text (what you see in the cell) for the specified object

Rich (BB code):
Me.TxtCustomer.Value = ws.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Text

Dave
i the 2 diff workbooks i am playing with all this, the text columns like the one u show all r listed as .Value not as .Text and are fine, it is only dates I am having an issue with.

Upvote 0
The error can be fixed like this - get rid of the Range part
Me.txtContacted.Value = Format(ws.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 2).Value, "dd/mm/yy")

Upvote 0
i the 2 diff workbooks i am playing with all this, the text columns like the one u show all r listed as .Value not as .Text and are fine, it is only dates I am having an issue with.

Code was just an example - You can just apply the Range.Text property to the range(s) your code reads the dates from & this should solve your issue.

Dave

Upvote 0
t
The error can be fixed like this - get rid of the Range part
Me.txtContacted.Value = Format(ws.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 2).Value, "dd/mm/yy")
hat worked perfectly thanks.
1625985176498.png

Now trying all of the other and same combos i cant get it to write the date now back to the sheet in Aust date format.
1625985247579.png

Here is a really weird part -
1625985690305.png

The code above where the format is on the last part of the line, seemed to swap it from which ever it is to the opposite between usa and uk formats. For ex, i didnt change it back in sheet to Aust/UK format then ran the userform again and clicked update (so currently it was reading TxtAccepted as AUST but with the lowest line u see, swapped it back to usa first time, then when i ran it again and didnt change it back it then rewrote it as Aus. So which ever i have there it just reverses it, but if i dont format it at all it always puts it as USA.

Which it shows on the Format line for the With ws code part. I remember so much now why i decided i didnt want to be a programmer 20 something years ago, too many stooooopid little issues - lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Instead of using the Value of the textbox, have you tried using Text?
= Format(Me.TxtAccepted.Text,"dd/mm/yy")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
championbowler

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back