Issues When Using VBA to Automatically Move Row to Another Sheet Based On Cell Value

EBe

Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I’m completely new to VBA and have today used this site to find the code to automatically move a row to another sheet in excel based on cell value. Credit to Joe4 for the code left on another thread! However, I’m having a problem where only one row is appearing on the second sheet, and anything that was there before is disappearing. For example, a row of data about Patient 1 is moved from sheet 1 to sheet 2 when data in column I reads ‘discharged’. When a second row, Patient 2, also reads ‘discharged’, it moves from sheet 1 to sheet 2, but the data about Patient 1 disappears. How do I get the data to appear simultaneously in a table for future review?

The code I’m using is:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

' Check to see only one cell updated

If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub

' Check to see if entry is made in column I after row 1 and is set to "Discharged"

If Target.Column = 9 And Target.Row > 1 And Target.Value = "Discharged" Then

Application.EnableEvents = False

' Copy columns A to I to Processed sheet in next available row

Range(Cells(Target.Row, "A"), Cells(Target.Row, "I")).Copy Sheets("Processed").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(0, 0)

' Delete current row after copied

Rows(Target.Row).Delete

Application.EnableEvents = True

End If

End Sub

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I think when you call the following statement, it finds the last used row on "Processed" and pastes the data there.
VBA Code:
Range(Cells(Target.Row, "A"), Cells(Target.Row, "I")).Copy Sheets("Processed").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(0, 0)

But you really want it to be a row below the last used row. So you should Offset by 1 row (Offset (1,0)):
VBA Code:
Range(Cells(Target.Row, "A"), Cells(Target.Row, "I")).Copy Sheets("Processed").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

Try that change and see if it works.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whatdoido

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back