Issues with sharing files Using One Drive

tbones

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I am having problems sharing files correctly.

So what I have is a source workbook ( Call it workbook A ) and then I have several other workbooks ( call them Workbook B, Workbook c and so on ) where the data is.

So what I have done is to share the workbook B.C etc so that this can be accessed from the one drive cloud. The issue I have been having is that when you go to input data onto Workbook b , c etc the data does not always transfer to the source Workbook a.

I had it working this morning quite simply however after closing everything I went back to the shared links and when I input data it would not transfer to the workbook A source. In fact it seemed to lose the connection or the connection was blocked.

Everytime you open up the Workbook b , c it says to enable content or or comes up saying cannot establish a connection with workbook A.

I am sure I am doing something simple that is wrong.

So basically what I want to be able to do is access the Workbook b,c etc without having to update anything and also when I open up workbook a the source I want to just se the updated data that has been inputted.

It feels quite simple but I am not understanding why the different workbooks dont talk to each other.

Also to let you know that all workbooks are macro enabled workbooks as I am but not sure whether they need to be.

Any help would be fantastic and truly appreciated. It feels I am so close but yet so far.

It seems that i am getting on ok then the the workbooks seem to become unstable and i start to get these errors.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I have not tried to do what you are talking about in one drive, but I have always placed all workbooks in the same location. i.e. drive or folder.

If workbook A is not on the same drive as the others that may be the reason, I would OPS check by placing all workbooks on the same one drive and see how they operate, then you will know it is the location on A

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back