iterating loop and outputting information

ekeller

Hello,
I am new to programming and want to iterate a loop and output certain information each time.

I have many rows of data in different spreadsheets that are all different lengths. I need to see if some of the columns in the row of data meet a certain discipline, i.e. one column <-2 or one that is <0 or two that both must be <0.

I was planning on using if then statements to see if the row matched the criteria, but then if it matches the criteria i need to export this information (i.e. which column matched the criteria) to another worksheet (or run the program in a certain worksheet and get the information from the other worksheets and export it into the current one)

but then i need the loop to go onto the next line and repeat the process. until there are no more lines of information. There is a final summary line that I was thinking about doing " loop until strHeader="total" " or something like that.

Sorry if this is vague, thanks for the help!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi
your intentions are clear. But does not help writing codes. Insert a sheet and name it as summary. Paste the following codes in the macro window ( Alt F11)

Code:
sub summarize()
b=1
for a = 2 to sheets.count
x = worksheets(a).cells(rows.count,1).end(xlUp).row
for c = 1 to x
if worksheets(a).cells(a,1) < - 2 then
worksheets("Summary").cells(b,1) = worksheets(a).name
worksheets("Summary").cells(b,2) = "Cell A" & a & ":=  " & worksheets(a).cells(a,1)
b= b+1
endif
next c
next a
endsub
run the macro. if col A (of all sheets) has any cells less than -2, it will list them in the summary sheet. Change cells(a,1) < - 2 to try different columns and different operators and different values.

Ravi

Upvote 0
more details

Thanks for the reply but I'm still having trouble.

This is what the workbook looks like from which I want to get the information-

Autos and Transportation <---stuff i dont want
Index summary <---- stuff i dont want
more stuff i dont want
Hub Group Inc HUBG X X X X X (I want this stuff if some of the x's meet certain criteria, i.e. column 17 <-2, or column 20 <0 or columns 12 and 13 both <0.

I then want the information HUBG and which column is the reason in meets the qualification exported to a different excel workbook. And then have it keep going for the rest of the rows but not including the stuff i dont want. Is this possible? Thanks so much

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back