Juan Pablo G

RichardS

Juan,

Not that I mind you deleting the table, it didn't show the outcomes anyway, but why was it so huge? There were only about 20 cells with formulae, simple IF statements, and conditional formatting. This is the first time I've used Colo's addin, and I just wanted to know if I stuffed something up? :biggrin:

Richard

In Juan's absence!

I saw that post - wasn't that the table was huge itself, just looked that way because some of the html was missing.

When you paste the html code from the clipboard it's fairly easy to accidentally delete a few lines. The result is that the code doesn't have the right tags at the end. In particular, it's usually missing the final< / table> tag. Without it, the browser doesn't know that the table is over & just runs it on into the rest of the page until it does reach a< / table> tag - right at the bottom of the page! (check the source code for one of the pages in view | source from the tool bar).

If you notice that that has happened, you can always edit the post & re-paste the table afresh (if you stillhave it). If not, another option is to post a reply with the final< / table> tag in the text - won't help the post with the table in , but will clear up the thread for the next post.

Hope this helps,

Paddy
This message was edited by PaddyD on 2002-08-15 22:29

Richard, the problem is as Paddy said, and its caused because the program must "translate" each cell that you select. That is not just the value, but a lot of formatting also. There is a limit to the amount of each post, don't know exactly which is it, but, if the post exceeds it, then the program cuts it automatically, causing the HTML tags not being closed properly, therefor, screwing up everything else on the page...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murarj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back