• Open my test presentation
  • Press alt +F8 to bring up the macro dialog box
  • Run the trap events macro
  • Accept the message box information
  • Click the check box.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Helpmehelpme

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Ahhh, ok. Thank you.

Done that and checkbox works absolutely fantastic - thank you so much for that.
Will do same on my own document now.

Questions:
If I copy and paste a checkbox will it automatically 'pick up' that functionality (or would I need to repeat it each time a further checkbox was added)?
If I send that document to someone, do they have to run that trap events macro first themselves before it would work for them?

Just want to make sure in case I need to include any instructions to help the recipient of the document (or even to add in some trigger (if possible/necessary) that the first time that document is opened it runs the trap event automatically cos if not I could see this being a difficulty for many recipients to know what to do - if they are equally as non-VBA 'expert' as me!).

Worf

If you insert a new check box it will pick up the functionality.

Yes, other users will have to start by running that macro. Automating this process is not trivial, it would require an add-in.

An easier way could be a button in presentation mode that when clicked would run the macro. Do you think this is a good idea?

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightBright

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...