Just want simple tickbox in non-Slideshow PowerPoint

Helpmehelpme

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I'm sure there must be VBA for this, to take a tickbox inserted into a slide from the Developer tab, and make it so that, without needing to be in Slideshow to be able to click the tickbox, you would be able to tick the checkbox!

I'd like it done with VBA so there's nothing for the user to do specifically. When they see a checkbox I'd like them to either just be able to ignore it altogether, or click it and if they do that, a tick mark appears. If they change their mind and click it again, the tick mark would go.

I'm convinced this is possible but with a bit of VBA and the tickbox from the Develop tab (without going into User Forms and the like) - am I right and can anyone help??

I don't need any messages to appear, I'm not looking to go through a presentation to find checked or unchecked tickboxes, I just want the user, NOT in Slideshow mode, to be able to tick and untick a blessed tick box - that's it :).

Any help would be v v gratefully received as I cannot find anything that quite seems to fit the bill.

Many thanks indeed.

• Open my test presentation
  • Press alt +F8 to bring up the macro dialog box
  • Run the trap events macro
  • Accept the message box information
  • Click the check box.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Ahhh, ok. Thank you.

Done that and checkbox works absolutely fantastic - thank you so much for that.
Will do same on my own document now.

Questions:
If I copy and paste a checkbox will it automatically 'pick up' that functionality (or would I need to repeat it each time a further checkbox was added)?
If I send that document to someone, do they have to run that trap events macro first themselves before it would work for them?

Just want to make sure in case I need to include any instructions to help the recipient of the document (or even to add in some trigger (if possible/necessary) that the first time that document is opened it runs the trap event automatically cos if not I could see this being a difficulty for many recipients to know what to do - if they are equally as non-VBA 'expert' as me!).

Upvote 0
If you insert a new check box it will pick up the functionality.

Yes, other users will have to start by running that macro. Automating this process is not trivial, it would require an add-in.

An easier way could be a button in presentation mode that when clicked would run the macro. Do you think this is a good idea?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back