Keep Conditional Format

Brabed

Board Regular
Hi all,

I currently have a conditional format on a cell to turn yellow when the value of an adjacent cell exceeds a certain value. What I would like is for the cell to stay the same color after the conditional format is triggered even if the value is no longer exceeded.

Example:

I want cell B:1 to light yellow when cell A:1 is greater than 1, however after refreshing data, the value of cell A:1 is now .5, but I want B:1 to remain yellow. Then I would need some sort of reset procedure. Can this be done with conditional formatting and if so, how???

Thanks in advance.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

XLGibbs

Not exactly, because the conditional formatting is specific to the conditions you set. Unless you new all of the possible results after refresh, it would be pretty hard to use multiple OR / AND statements in your conditional format.

There is likely a feasible VB solution though.

Brabed

Board Regular
Thanks for the response. I was afraid of that. I was hoping to as much with formulas as possible. Not ready to plow into VB yet. Oh well, thanks again.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schu94