Keeping page formatting when embedding spreadsheet with ActiveX buttons to be used in word

BananaSplit42

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created a table of instruction which are hidden within excel unless the user clicks a button. Clicking all the buttons leads to 6 pages of instructions. I can't get this excel spreadsheet to show over multiple pages in word.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Not sure what you mean.
If someone clicks all buttons in Excel then the 6 pages of userinstructions show up (in Excel I assume)

1. What do you mean with 'this excel spreadsheet' in your post above?
  2. And how does it suddenly need to show up in Word?

Upvote 0
I have a document that has a table embedded within it. To change the options on the table the user would double-click that table within Word and tick several boxes to hide or view lines as required. If all the boxes in excel were ticked the resulting table would be the equivalent of 6 x a4 pages of print. The resulting image of the embedded version in Word is reduced to a tiny image (I assume it auto sizes).

If there is a better way of getting this table (which is at its max 128 lines and 10 columns of text) into Word I'll be happy to do that instead.

Attachments

• table.PNG
    table.PNG
    70.5 KB · Views: 2
  • table in A4 landscape.PNG
    table in A4 landscape.PNG
    36.2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
There possiblyis a way to do this but I am certainly no expert in Word VBA. I am assuming that you can adjust the embedded window size in word to suit the size of the embedded object. So then you could check the size of the resulting excel table and adjust the size of the window in Word.

However, I am not sure if in Word you can have an embedded window flow over onto a next page.

Upvote 0
No I think you are right. I think I need to get enrolled on a course to teach myself a better approach.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back