"large spreadsheet" calc errors / non calc , Hunt

wcs

This is my first post, long time lurker.

I have a large spreadsheet, at least to me, 23KB, 20+ sheets, no VBA, many if statements of various types.

Settings Calc-Auto, Calc iterations 25, Excel 2003 SP-1.

The Calc display botton left is always on.

INTERMITTENT Problem- I can change a cell and dependent cells will NOT change. If I notice the error, I can "sometimes" force the dependent cell to change by copying the sheet containing the cell "on to itself". Literally selecting the whole sheet, COPY / PASTE. But it "usually" won't work by just copying the dependent cell onto itself.

It is very possible that I could have a circ in this spreadsheet, I have looked but this version of excel is not the easiest to find circs in.

Any comments on the calc, or the best way to hunt circs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill in Bradenton[/b]

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Hi Bill

Have you tried unchecking the Iterations checkbox on the Calculations tab of the Tools>Options dialog to see if you have circular references?

You may (just may I'm afraid) be able to force all cells to recalc by going Ctrl+Alt+F9. Try doing it with the iterations unchecked.

Richard

PS another way might be to do a Ctrl+H (ie a Find/Replace) on your formulas - use "=" in the Find What box (without the double quotes) and Replace With "=" (ie the same).

Upvote 0
Sometimes, selecting the cell, then pressing F2 and ENTER will force a recalc as well.

As Richard pointed out, Ctrl + Alt + F9 will often force a recalc. Sometimes Ctrl + Shift + Alt + F9 (which rebuilds the dependency tree) is required.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back