Last row combined with Current Region VBA

Tigerexcel

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm generally happy finding the last row of data through something like Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp) but I don't always receive data that has data in all columns so it is possible that the quoted formula may fail if the the last row does not contain data in column D so I may have to find a more foolproof formula that will work in all situations.
The bigger issue that I have is I'd like to somehow link the Lastrow with the CurrentRegion property so that once the last row has been identified I can effectively work on that data range. I've found that something like DataRange = Lastrow.CurrentRegion doesn't work where DataRange is the table data. How can I write this in VBA with a minimum of coding?

No, of course it doesn't, @footoo.

You said "He was looking for the last used row in a specific range, not the whole sheet." and I was pointing out that that wasn't so, because if the last row for a specific range was required, then the simple code that I gave would do that (for a single-area range). So, in that part, I wasn't answering the initial post, I was responding to what you had incorrectly stated about it being for a specific range, which it wasn't.

Then, I went on to point out the part of the initial post that I was considering in my previous post, and for which my comments were pertinent.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Don't get your knickers in a twist.:) I doubt anyone's interested in our bickering and the "he said/you said" stuff.

Upvote 0
Thanks CephasOz for chiming in, I love the idea of bulletproof range addressing. With the lockdown I'll be receiving plenty of spreadsheets from others in all sorts of formats ie the ranges are inconsistent and won't be able to simply walk over to a desk and seek clarity. I have been caught out before with ranges that had blank rows or hidden columns or ranges that started at cell C4 rather than A1. I had thought that if I combined the last row with the current region I might make this bulletproof but i've now seen that it might not get across every potential situation.

Upvote 0
Tigerexcel
Why not have a look at the links in post #2 - you will find the same function there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back