Learn Excel from Mr Excel (preview)_"chapter" page

xMrBob

I am a novice re-excel and am downloading the weekly "Learn Excel from Mr Excel" free preview to get start learning how to use this tool.

I have a guestion.

I started printing each weeks download and found that the page numbers for week 3 start at 24 of 94 and week 4 starts at 23 of 75. Week 5 starts at 115 of 354.

Week 3 is labeled as "This Week: 5 Tips for Freezing headings
in printouts and the display, plus cursor direction."

Week 4 is labeled as "This Week: 4 tips on headers and windows."

Week 5 is labeled as "This Week: 4 Tips about Formulas."

I can assume that the intent of the "weeks" preview is to show just portions of each "chapter". I would think that the weekly labeling would include the specific title of each Chapter as opposed to labels using frequency. However, to assume is dangerous.

Can anyone assist re- this assumption?

Bob

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi Bob,

I send out 3-7 complete topics each week. To keep the downloads interesting, I tried to get chapters from different sections of the book as the weeks go by.

You can't really go by the page numbers. Each week, I select some interesting topics, and then would pull those out of the most recent PDF version of the book. In the early weeks, only 94 pages had come back from layout, so the page numbers are "x of 94", then later "x of 344", etc.

I'm keeping track of this on an Excel spreadsheet here in the office. I show which topics were sent out in which week. Each week, I select 6 more topics, pull those out of the latest version of the PDF from the book, and send those out. If it would help, you can see an overall Table of Contents for the entire book here: http://www.mrexcel.com/learnfiles.html

Bill Jelen

Bill,

Thank you for your excellent response to my query.

Bob

PS. I found you on Leo's show from Canada (Call for Help) and do appriciate you sharing your expertise with us who are just starting to use Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back