Learning Excel and want to test my knowledge.

1Roberta1

Board Regular
Hi there.

I was wondering if someone can help me.
I am learning excel and have used this site quite a few times with great success.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to a site that would test my knowledge, a computer based practice test or online practice test.
I don't have a lot of money so the cheaper the better would be great.
So far the sites that I have come across want at least $500 (roughly £250 for me) and I really can't afford that.

I have spent a fair bit of money on different books and managed to get a hold of a few a Mr excel books through Amazon (it was cheaper for me to get it from there because of shipping costs, I hope you don't mind Mr excel.)

I have also taken advice from the excel forum about creating excel sheets and just using the functions, this is working great and I am learning a lot, but I am not sure if I am applying some of it, if not all of it correctly. Hence the reason why I would like to try and complete a test or two.
I am one of those people that learn from mistakes :rolleyes: , it might take me a little longer but I get there in the end :confused:

Anyway any advice would be much appreciated.

I am using Excel 2000 and my budget is between £50-£100 which I think is roughly $100-$200.
Like I said I have tried searching myself but with no luck (well not within my budget anyway), I am hoping that someone just might know where I might be able to get computer based practice tests or online practice test within my budget.

Here's hoping.

Thanks for your time reading this and thanks in advance if you are able to help me. :)

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
I have two places for you to check out.

This one is a free test:
http://www.expertrating.com/Microsoft-Excel-test.asp

Also try brainbench.com. This is intended for employers to test prospective candidates. It has a pretty good test. If you create an account, they will give you a credit for $50 and the tests are less than that, so you basically get a free test or two.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for replying.

Both sites are great. I really didn't expect to get what I was looking for.

You are a gem.

Thanks again :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelevnt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back