My friends refuse to use excel for arcade games

JetFalcon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I am an advantage player for arcade games and I’ve been profiting off it for 5 years. Like I can win a $500 PS5 for $150 and choose to keep it or resell it.

But the only way I know how much I could win a PS5 for is inputing my data into a spreadsheet. Like what I think I spent on credits and what I think the tickets are worth. I could just guess and maybe I reload 2 times for $100 then I see I won the PS5 for less than $200 because I would have won enough tickets before I spent $200 worth of credits. But I rather not guess and have a spreadsheet do my guess work based on formulas I set for it.

My friends resell all their prizes and don’t care to use them. But most cases you will have to sell below retail to get the money. I wanted to help them and give them my spreadsheet layout and they could just input a starting balance and ending balance and my spreadsheet will calculate how much they spent to win the tickets, their profit ratio, and it could even tell exactly how much money they made if they were to sell a PS5 for $400.

But they hate the idea they think it ruins the experience for them. But they resell all their prizes so I don’t really understand their logic of why they wouldn’t want to see their profits or analyze different games profit margins. Like they rather just guess or go in the dark on what is truly going on with their arcade venture.

They should be profiting but they have proven to me that reselling prices while profitable it isn’t enough to have financial security. I felt excel is a powerful tool and I feel in control. I could profit without it but I just like to know what is going on.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back