Learning VBA Instruction ?

Ted Roesch

Board Regular
Hi to All,

I am not even `up-to-speed' handling/solving elementary "Formulas/Pivot Tables".

What publications/web-sites (in addition to "This PERFECT WEB-SITE"); would "Correctly introduce me into VBA Coding"; - Adding further confusion to my discovery of this WONDERFUL SOFTWARE ?

- No Hurry,"
. . . but I gots to know". . . .-Ted Roesch

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Ted

"Walk don't run".

Anyhow if you can spare a few cents try this http://www.add-ins.com/vbhelp.htm - it will teach you from the ground up.

Also, just watch this board - pretty well every aspect of VBA programming gets touched on here.

Upvote 0
Do a Google search for "Free Excel VBA Tutorial". There are a few good ones.

You may also want to look for the "Microsoft VBA Programmer's Guide". You should be able to find it floating around.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Thank You Vog II,

I will regrettably, research your suggested web-site supplied.

(This "Is gonna hurt"), understandably; I returned to my original "ISTITUTION of LEARNING" - Twice !

Thank You, Again, You Are A Wonderful Person!
- Ted Roesch

Upvote 0
Do a Google search for "Free Excel VBA Tutorial". There are a few good ones.

You may also want to look for the "Microsoft VBA Programmer's Guide". You should be able to find it floating around.

HTH,
It's an Idea; I think I should try something along that "discipline". - hmmm?

Thanx Smitty

Upvote 0
For PivotTables, start here:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

then go here and look in the P section:

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Formulas - that's like saying "I want to know all about the universe!" Basic formulas are simple arithmetic. You need to learn about referencing cells and ranges of cells, know your order of operations, and how to execute it in Excel. The biggest topic in formulas is probably worksheet functions, but those are best discovered as need arises (in my experience). Excel provides an excellent interface to help you find the right function, pass the needed parameters to it, and get help when you need it.

For VBA, you could have probably guessed this one:

http://www.excel-vba.com/

Your question sounds like a very broad inquiry into how to use Excel, so really I would recommend just getting a book (such as Learn Excel from Mr. Excel which is free to try on this site, or John Walkenbach's Excel 200x Bible) which would cover everything from built-in features, formulas, functions, to advanced topics such as PivotTables and VBA. If you're not a reader (technical reading is difficult for some people), another idea might be to get a video, such as Video Professor or a host of others available online. If you do end up paying for a book, make sure it comes with a CD or downloadable examples.

Upvote 0
Good Advice (I think) iLiace;

I was in the ARMY back in 1973/1974. I resideded in Chillum Heights; about 4 miles South of the U. of MD., just off U.S. 1.

I'll, add/investigate your suggestions/ & yes I'm looking into " all facets" o Excel. - It's a very "scarey software", indeed.

- Hopefully, Pivot Tables & VBA Code will become comfortable.

- Thank You For the Info.!; I Appreciate It!
- Ted Roesch

Upvote 0
I was in the ARMY back in 1973/1974. I resideded in Chillum Heights; about 4 miles South of the U. of MD., just off U.S. 1.
Went to school there for two years. Wouldn't do it again.

Good luck with your learnings!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the Info.:

I have "bookmarked" the web-sites you recomended (The Blue/Orange Books SUCK!!!).
I was incorrect, I resided in Hyattsville (Prince George's County); none the less: they were "Digging-up" the spot that was recently the "Buzz" for LACK/DEGRADATION of Medical Facilities (Pitiful Health-care of Vet's).

- I don't think I could "Cope" with D.C./ MD. now.
- "You Hang In There"! - Ted

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back