Limitation

sandy666

Banned - Rules violations
why I am limited to see 200 latest post but not all?
where is the rest of my posts?

why I am limited to see 200 latest post but not all?
where is the rest of my posts?

Go to the last page (10th page) and then you will see "View older results".

If software tries to query, fetch, and paginate thousands of posts at once, then it would be a really bad design for large forums that contain millions of posts.

"View older results" button is located at the bottom and displayed when you are on the last page of the current pagination.

1600272619186.png

I found it but with a few thousands posts it's annoying
anyway thanks

I found it but with a few thousands posts it's annoying
You (and many others) would probably be more annoyed if it took forever to load all those posts anytime you wanted see any posts that you made.

It is better to use search features if you have a lot of posts, and want to find a really old one.

It is better to use search features if you have a lot of posts, and want to find a really old one
Head is not a trash. How do I remember any keywords from years ago? especially if you've over 54000 posts?
maybe idea with grouped posts by title instead of "duplicate" them?

If "you" are looking for your own content, then click on "Find threads" under Forums:

1600277029025.png

You will see the following:
1600277109464.png

For the threads you created, click on "Your threads" (default tab). For the threads which include your posts, click on "Threads with your posts". So there is no duplication.

If "someone else" is looking for your content, then Advanced Search is much better for grouping on threads:

Fill posted by with your user name (additionally keyword, time etc...).
Select "Display results as threads", so no duplicates for each post.

Soon, there will be a "Older than" option that will let making search between two days. More info.

Additionally, I always recommend using Bookmarks system for creating your own library as future reference. You can create labels for easy filtering, and name the bookmarks as you need.

Hopefully this helps.

Head is not a trash.
???
I don't know if something is lost in translation there, but I have no idea what that sentence means.

How do I remember any keywords from years ago? especially if you've over 54000 posts?
I usually have a pretty good idea what I am looking for, so I use those keywords.
You are looking for something in particular, right, and not just randomly reading through old posts from years ago?

Note that there is a whole section on searching found in the "MrExcel Board FAQ & Help" forum: Searching in the Board
The old board forum did not have good search functionality, so I routinely used the "Google search" techniques described there.
Even with the move to this more robust forum, I still use those techniques (out of habit), and they usually serve me quite well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back