Limited Repeating Permutation Macro

dlybb

I have found some threads that are close to this question, but none that I have been able to modify for my needs. The question is this:

Say I have 3 object types a,b and c, where each has a quantity of x,y and z respectively.

I need to load all of the possible permutations into a matrix (not cells). In this case, I require permutations (as opposed to combinations).

I have never dealt with this type of code before (as in statistics).

Thanks so much for your help. When (or if) I get a general solution to option 2 coded, I will try to remember to post it for anybody else who has this problem.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
So I have been messing around with the sheet (very nice by the way), and the number of calculations required for my application is simply too large (it is taking over 20 minutes for what I would consider a small data set). So, I think I will have to come up with a different method of solving this problem (as in not using perm's and com's). Thanks again for all of your help, it is back to the drawing board for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back