Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
TECH HOURS WORKSHEET 4.0.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST
1Current monthMonthly unapplyed labor
2Average Express Delta Per TechDailey Express deficit/ surplus Dailey unapplyed labor from expressTotal unapplied labor month to dateunapplyed labor trend projectionJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
3-4.8-38.7$ (604.69)$ (10,532.81)$ (14,628.91)$(11,321.88)
Express
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:G3C2='Delta Breakbown'!V1:Z1
I3I3=Jan!BK2
Dynamic array formulas.

i am wanting to have a line graph that shows the monthly data points as they get entered through the year and the projection in G3 as it updates Dailey shown as the current month. is this possible or can the graph functions only be used in a more static application.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
you have references to other sheets (Delta Breakdown and Jan). I figure Delta Breakdown is header data that have no bearing on the Line Graph.
But, is the value you expect in J3 eventually going to have a value from a sheet called February (in Feb!BK2). If so, is that worksheet created?
If all the months worksheets are already created this could work. (And it could work if they aren't but you'll get a a lot of messages to open an unopened workbook).

Excel Formula:
=IF(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm")=J$2,$G$3,Feb!BK2
)

Upvote 0
you have references to other sheets (Delta Breakdown and Jan). I figure Delta Breakdown is header data that have no bearing on the Line Graph.
But, is the value you expect in J3 eventually going to have a value from a sheet called February (in Feb!BK2). If so, is that worksheet created?
If all the months worksheets are already created this could work. (And it could work if they aren't but you'll get a a lot of messages to open an unopened workbook).

Excel Formula:
=IF(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm")=J$2,$G$3,Feb!BK2
)
you are correct in your assumptions. at the end of every month the worksheet Data breakdown will be copied into worksheets that are already created and the refenced cell will be the same across all worksheets Jan!BK2, Feb!BK2, Mar!BK2 and so on. the data breakdown sheet will then be cleared and start logging the new month's data to then be referenced in F3. can you clarify where I need to plug your formula in?

Upvote 0
Cells I2 to Z2 need to have a date value (the first of each month for the year). Format the cell "mmmm". You could do this with one array formula in cell I2:
Excel Formula:
=Date(2024,Sequence(,12),1)
Cells I3 to Z3
Excel Formula:
=If(Month(Today())=Month(I2),$G3, IFERROR(INDIRECT(Text(I2,"mmm")&"!BK2"),""))

So, Ineeded to create a Jan sheet:

Book1
BJBKBL
1Value
Jan

Then here is the roll up sheet:

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST
2twzttwzttwzttwzttwztJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I2:T2I2=DATE(2024,SEQUENCE(1,12),1)
C3:G3C3=RANDARRAY(1,5,11,15,1)
I3:T3I3=IF(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(I2),$G3, IFERROR(INDIRECT(TEXT(I2,"mmm")&"!BK2"),""))
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0
Solution
Cells I2 to Z2 need to have a date value (the first of each month for the year). Format the cell "mmmm". You could do this with one array formula in cell I2:
Excel Formula:
=Date(2024,Sequence(,12),1)
Cells I3 to Z3
Excel Formula:
=If(Month(Today())=Month(I2),$G3, IFERROR(INDIRECT(Text(I2,"mmm")&"!BK2"),""))

So, Ineeded to create a Jan sheet:

Book1
BJBKBL
1Value
Jan

Then here is the roll up sheet:

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST
2twzttwzttwzttwzttwztJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I2:T2I2=DATE(2024,SEQUENCE(1,12),1)
C3:G3C3=RANDARRAY(1,5,11,15,1)
I3:T3I3=IF(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(I2),$G3, IFERROR(INDIRECT(TEXT(I2,"mmm")&"!BK2"),""))
Dynamic array formulas.
Thanks for the help that got it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back