Link problem that is driving me nuts

chippy36

Hi, I have what I think is a simple problem, but I have been trying for days to solve it, to no avail.

I have a series of sheets which are all identical in that they are calculators to estimate building work
When a calculation is done, I copy the description and price onto a master sheet. The price cell links to A1 on its own sheet, so that when I paste it into the master sheet I am able to click on the price and it will return me to the appropriate calculation sheet

The problem arises when i duplicate the calculator sheet. On the new sheet the link to A1 works fine, but when pasted into a master sheet, the link takes me back to the sheet i used to make the duplicate from, rather than the duplicated sheet itself.

I have made a very simple 3 sheet workbook to better explain, but not sure how to share it?

Any help appreciated

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hi. I'm not expert but i think you should duplicate the workbook instead...when you duplicate the sheet, it will be based on master sheet....why dont you fix (retype the formula)

on sharing file, i think you could upload to any webhost & share the link....like google drive maybe??

Upvote 0
Hi, duplicating the sheet is fine and works, but I need to copy just the single cell onto a master sheet and thats where the link breaks. Fixing the link manually is relatively easy, but I am trying to find a way to avoid doing it manually, as if it is overlooked it will link to the wrong page

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back