linking 2 or more sheets when using AutoFilter

mikallaane

I am a teacher at Conway in England UK. I have been working on a simple tracking assessment system for my staff.
This is a prototype. I have 4 worksheets in a workbook, in Sheet1 on row13 I have the following headings: colA=Unique Identifier, colB=forename, colC=surname, colD=gender, colE=FSM, colF=core
Row13 in Sheet1 has an autofilter applied to it.
 Above Row13 I have SUMPRODUCT & SUBTOTAL arguements to display data
. In Sheet2 on row 13 I have the following headings: colA=Unique Identifier, colB=forename, colC=surname, colD=Q1, colE=Q2, colF=Q3, etc upto colZ=Q23, colAA=Total, colAB=Level.
Row13 in Sheet2 has an autofilter applied to it. 
Above Row13 I have SUMPRODUCT & SUBTOTAL arguements to display data. 
I would like to transpose a copy of the data from colA, colB, colC in Sheet1 to Sheet2 colA, colB, colC. 
If I apply an autofilter in Sheet2, I want this to effect Sheet1 via the Unique Identifier. For example If I request a list of all the scores from colAA in Sheet2 that are >=50 when I look at Sheet1 I can see all of the students who's scores are >=50

. Or If I apply an autofilter in Sheet1, I want this to effect Sheet2 via the Unique Identifier. For example If I request a list of all the Females from colD in Sheet1 when I look in Sheet2, I can see all the data just for females

. Or If I apply an autofilter in Sheet1, AND THEN an autofilter in Sheet2 or vice versa. For example If I request a list of all the FSM from colE=Y in Sheet1 AND THEN select colAB>=3 in Sheet2. I can see all of the FMS students who's levels are >=3

. Once I have select the different autofilters from Sheet1 and/or Sheet2, the data from Sheet1 & Sheet2 is displayed on Sheet3 stating which filters I have applied and the corresponding data.
 I want to be able to reset the filters and display ALL of the data by the click of a button to start the filtering process again.

Can someone tell me how I do this in VBA please. It would be greatly appreciated. I am a newbie to VBA. I know what I want excel to do, I just don't know how to program excel to do it. But I am very willing to learn with guidance & support.
Thank you in advance. Mike

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back