Linking cells to produce a specific message

mandyo6

Hi, I need to link 3 cells for a project regarding exercise. One cell has to use drop down to state "D","W","M" (daily, monthly, weekly), Another cell has the total of how many days you exercise a week and another has to say that if you exercise more than 4 times in a month your health is Poor<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
=if(AND(E2="D",H8>=5,"Excellent"),if(AND(E2="W",H8>=2,"Good"),if(AND(E2="M",I8<=4,"Poor")))). This is the statement I have written because this is how I understand it and Excel says it is wrong! Can anyone help please, it is difficult to explain what I am trying to do so I hope someone will understand it more by writing my incorrect statement. The paper also suggests that I might be able to do this by lookup?<o:p></o:p>
Thank you.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Your error is about where the brackets lie. The criteria being assessed should be bracketed for the AND argument, with the outcome falling outside of the AND argument's brackets.
=IF(AND(E2="D",H8>=5),"Excellent",IF(AND(E2="W",H8>=2),"Good",IF(AND(E2="M",I8<=4),"Poor")))

Upvote 0
Hi and Welcome to the board
try
Code:
=IF(AND(E2="D",H8>=5),"Excellent",IF(AND(E2="W",H8>=2),"Good",IF(AND(E2="M",I8<=4),"Poor")))

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your reply it is very much appreciated, this has been driving me mad!

Kind regards,

Mandy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back