Linking data from one sheet to another and editing

rac241985

Hi All,

I have a master data sheet where information about multiple users is present in columns A - Z with column A being the user name.

I then want to create a separate sheet for each user and extract the information specific for that user on their sheet. Next, I want the user to make edits to the data in his specific sheet and want it reflected in the Master sheet.

Is it possible to have this 2-way communication in excel such that only Master user will edit the Master sheet and other users will edit their individual sheets based on the data from Master sheet such that changes made in the individual user sheets is reflected later in the Master sheetl.

Thanks,

Rachit

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
This is where that old saying comes back alive: "You can't have your cake and eat it too".

I ran up against the same thing. I was able to create subordinate sheets that held the detailed data, and then have the master show the summary data. In my case I actually have some columns of information editable in the master, and reflected on the subordinate sheet at the top. I created a macro that allowed the users to double click on a row of data to take them to the subordinate sheet so they could edit the data there.

In other words, without a macro to copy entries back and forth from the master to the subordinate and vice versa, you are relegated to editing in one place or another.

Jeff

Upvote 0
Hahah agreed! Thanks for the inputs. I was wondering on the same line but just wanted to check if it is possible.

Just got another idea and wanted some inputs. Is there anyway where I can collect data from multiple excel sheets to populate in one single sheet. The content in all the tabs (headers, footers, and conditional formatting) is the same.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Rachit

Upvote 0
It is very possible. If you take on that challenge, there are people here that can help you with that. One bite at a time!!

Jeff :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back