List duplicates with different criteria

pencekj

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Column A has a list of names, column B a list of phone numbers, and column C a list of device types (smartphone, tablet, mifi, router...). Some names are listed multiple times because a person can have both a phone and tablet that would be different rows of data. What is the easiest way to automatically have a list of all names that have both at least 1 smartphone and at least 1 mifi. The dataset is dynamic and I don't want to have to manually put this information together, but I'm struggling to build it with a pivot table of function

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Perhaps try this...

Assuming your data starts in row 2, in D1 put a column header, e.g. "Phone-Mifi", then in D2 put the formula:
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$14=A2)*(($C$2:$C$14="smartphone")+($C$2:$C$14="mifi")))
You should then be able to select your table and insert a new Pivot table. In the Pivot Table fields, drag the Employee column to the Rows section, then drag the "Phone-Mifi" column to the Filters section, and filter for the value 2.

Adjust your ranges in the SUMPRODUCT formula to include all of your data, of course, making sure the size of the ranges (e.g. A2:A14 and C2:C14) are the same size.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply, Z51. My one issue with this is that someone will show up if they have 2 smartphones and 0 mifis. I only want to include people that have at least 1 of each. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back