List Names Based on Criteria

MWilliams

Board Regular
I have a list of names used to track certain completed tasks. At the end of a quarter, people are supposed to have 3 tasks completed. I would like to get another list of the people who have not completed the required number of tasks.
As seen in the simple table below, I'd just like to see a list containing the names of John Doe and Sally Thompson, along with their totals.
Any help is greatly appreciated

FirstNameLastNameJanFebMarTotal
JohnDoe112
JaneSmith1113
BobJohnson1113
SallyThompson112

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
One of the easiest ways to view a quick summary is to filter.

step 1. click on a cell within the range (e.g. click the cell that contains the word "total")
step 2. click on the data tab in the task bar
step 3. click on the filter button
step 4. On the dropdown arrow in the cell which says "total", just keep 3 checked.
The data will be filtered for 3

Alternatively, you can use an IF Statement:
in the next column type this formula:

(assuming John Doe's total is in cell A6)
=if(A6=3,"All tasks complete","Tasks Incomplete")
then drag down the column for everybody.

You can type any text message you want displayed as long as its in quotation marks ("")

Hope this helped

Upvote 0
I have a list of names used to track certain completed tasks. At the end of a quarter, people are supposed to have 3 tasks completed. I would like to get another list of the people who have not completed the required number of tasks.
As seen in the simple table below, I'd just like to see a list containing the names of John Doe and Sally Thompson, along with their totals.
Any help is greatly appreciated

FirstName
LastName
Jan
Feb
Mar
Total
John
Doe
Jane
Smith
Bob
Johnson
Sally
Thompson

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

FirstNameLastNameJanFebMarTotal IdxFirstNameLastNameTotal
JohnDoe1 12 1JohnDoe2
JaneSmith1113 4SallyThompson2
BobJohnson1113
SallyThompson11 2

<COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4579" width=129><COL style="WIDTH: 119pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5632" width=158><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=6 width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 83pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3953" width=111><COL style="WIDTH: 79pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3726" width=105><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><TBODY>
</TBODY>

H1: Idx (the header for an additional range in order to effect a fast set up)

I1:K1 houses the relevant headers for the results.

H2, control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:
Rich (BB code):
=IFERROR(SMALL(IF(1-($F$2:$F$5=3),ROW(F$2:$F$5)-ROW($F$2)+1),ROWS($H$2:H2)),"")

I2, just enter, copy across to K1, and down:
Rich (BB code):
=IF($H2="","",INDEX($A$2:$F$5,$H2,MATCH(I$1,$A$1:$F$1,0)))

Upvote 0
Maybe this:

Layout

FirstName
LastName
Jan
Feb
Mar
Total
FirstName
LastName
John
Doe
John
Doe
Jane
Smith
Sally
Thompson
Bob
Johnson
Sally
Thompson

<tbody>
</tbody>

Array formula in H2 and copy to the right and down - use Ctrl+Shift+Enter and not only Enter to enter the formula

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(A$2:A$5,SMALL(IF($F$2:$F$5<3,ROW($F$2:$F$5)-ROW($F$2)+1),ROWS(H$2:H2))),"")

Markmzz

Upvote 0
Thank-you, folks. I'll work with these and get back.

This is actually for someone else and I'm going to show them a pivot table with a slicer, so they might like that option as well.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Sorry, I have an update...

This workbook consists of multiple sheets. I was told they like the pivot table, and they would like one pivot table for each worksheet, but they also want one more pivot table on a summary sheet that is basically a summary of each of the other tables. I found this, but is there another way you might suggest accomplishing this?

Again, many thanks!

Upvote 0

This workbook consists of multiple sheets. I was told they like the pivot table, and they would like one pivot table for each worksheet, but they also want one more pivot table on a summary sheet that is basically a summary of each of the other tables. I found this, but is there another way you might suggest accomplishing this?

Again, many thanks!

Hi MWilliams,

I think that the best way now is to create a new topic with what you have and what you want in details.

Maybe another user have another suggestion.

Markmzz

Upvote 0

Again, many thanks!

For a multiple sheet consolidation, running a pivot table is the best option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back