List unique values with multiple conditions

erlend

Hi folks!

I have a hopefully simple question that I would appreciate if anyone can give me some support on. I'll try to give a simplified example to describe what I need.

I have a list that I extract regularly from a database with projects with certain attributes. Setup looks something like this
Column A: Project ID
Column B: Project Name
Column C: Organisational Unit
Column D: Country
Column E: Cost type (external cost, internal man hours etc)
Column F-R: Actual project cost and project forecast

This list usually contains between 400 - 600 rows.

What I'd like to do:
In a separate sheet I'd like to list and sort the same data, but without the Column E (cost type). Values in column F-R are easily handled with sumifs formulas. This means that I in some way need to list unique values based on column A-D, and every time I paste an updated extract from my database, the project list will be updated and sorted with a custom sort filter (on column C, then A, then D. Sorted on values in order A-Z).

I guess that I might need to use makros for this (which I'm not very experienced with), but I hope someone can give some simple input on how to do this.

Thanks a lot.

/Erlend

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi, and sorry for being unclear on this. I cannot use a pivot table, since I have to map other data as well to the table in the target sheet. The input from the database (column A-D) builds up the main structure in the target table, but then I'm connecting data from other tables as well which contains a huge set of formulas. These formulas can be static though since they look up the correct info/values based on project ID, country and period.

Upvote 0
Why can't you create a pivot table from columns A:D? What version of Excel do you have? It may help to see some sample data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back