Local times zones to GMT

JBUK

Hi, I'm building a spreadsheet to generate Aircraft Flight Itineraries. The problem I'm having is calculating arrival times.
The departure time and length of flight are both known, however, departure and arrival points are usually in different time zones and occasionally cross the international date line.

Example:
FLT TIME GMT TIME ZONE LOCAL TIME
Dep London 7:00 12:00 GMT 12:00
Arr New York 19:00 -5 14:00

or

Dep Hong Kong 10:00 05:00 +8 13:00
Arr Seattle 15:00 -8 07:00

The starting point is Local time at the departure which then needs to be converted to GMT (this is the part I can’t do), from here the arrival time in GMT is calculated (no problem) then calculate the local arrival time (can’t do). The format for time the time zone I would like to post as follows (if possible): -3,-2,-1,GMT,+1,+2,+3,+4,+4:30,+5,+5:30...etc. I have this set as a drop down menu using 'data validation'.

I'm a novice using Excel and would appreciate any help; I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew..

Kind regards

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Subtracting one date/time from another gives you a difference in days. Divide that difference by 24 to get hours.

Ex. To convert Pacific Time (1:30pm) to Eastern time (4:30pm), add (3/24) to Pacific Time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHOJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back