Locate Cell That Contains Identified External Link

addmorebhp77

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
Upon file open, I get the message that the workbook contains external links, blah, blah blah. I would like to find the cell that contains the link before I break the link.
Clicking <Edit Links> from the 'Data' tab lists the source as an excel spreadsheet, the type as a remote file and the location as an internal url (https://.......). But it does not tell me where in the spreadsheet the link is at.
I tried using 'Find and Replace searching in every available option but it finds nothing.
1661545607450.png

Output from 'Edit Links':
1661545607450.png

Using Office 365 on Windows 10.
Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I'm still looking for an answer to my question on how to easily locate the cells with the external links, but I was able to locate them and correct.
I painstakingly, removed, saved, opened, tested, sheet by sheet, then groups of rows, then groups columns and rinse and repeating until narrowing down to the cells, which once removed, made the external link warning go away.
I found two drop-down cells that had valid data in them but the drop down was not displaying any choices. Upon checking the Data Validation for these cells, I found the external link shown above listed as the source. Clearing the Data Validation for these cells and simply doing a copy and paste from adjacent drop-down cells fixed the problem.

There has got to be a better way to narrow these things down though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back