Lock the index/match going across the whole row in one shot

sblue827

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to be able to lock the formula across the row without doing it one cell at a time. I'll use examples down below to try to explain what I'm looking to accomplish.

What I used to slide all the way across the row so I could keep the constant formula for one person in column A: =IFNA(INDEX('Items'!B:B,MATCH($A:$A,'Items'!$A:$A,0)),"") =IFNA(INDEX('Items'!C:C,MATCH($A:$A,'Items'!$A:$A,0)),"") =IFNA(INDEX('Items'!D:D,MATCH($A:$A,'Items'!$A:$A,0)),""), etc....

Example of what I then have to do from the beginning of the row after the previous step: =IFNA(INDEX('Items'!B:B,MATCH($A:$A,'Items'!$A:$A,0)),"") Click B:B with the mouse then hitting F4 and tab to next cell. I keep having to do this over and over again going down the row.

What I'm looking to accomplish with shortcut or however you do it all in one shot: =IFNA(INDEX('Items'!$B:$B,MATCH($A:$A,'Items'!$A:$A,0)),"") =IFNA(INDEX('Items'!$C:$C,MATCH($A:$A,'Items'!$A:$A,0)),"") =IFNA(INDEX('Items'!$D:$D,MATCH($A:$A,'Items'!$A:$A,0)),""), ETC...

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Why do you need to lock the column your indexing?

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Why do you need to lock the column your indexing?
Thanks for the welcome and I already love this site and wish I found it a while ago. I can see it will be bringing plenty of help and creative ideas to my models and data. After further research I realized my thinking and logic was wrong on this one. Looks like I was making a rookie mistake with the absolute reference key. ?‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back