Locked shapes moving in shared Excel file

drefiek2

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have a shared Excel spreadsheet with many shapes in. The spreadsheet is locked with a password and all shapes have the following format settings:

Lock aspect ratio CHECKED
Don't move or size with cells CHECKED
Locked CHECKED

However when different users use the spreadsheet, after time, shapes start resizing and moving around on their own.

Can anyone explain why this happens? It is madly frustrating and I cannot figure out why it is doing this despite all shapes having the above settings.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
My only thought is that the sheet is not "Protected" at all times. I have sheets that are normally protected, but are unprotected during execution of a macro. Sometimes macros can adjust formatting of columns, rows, shapes, etc.

Doug

Upvote 0
I think it is printer related - I have a SaveAsPDF macro button which will utilise each computer's printing ability. I tried changing the printer around to different ones and I can see shapes move more for some and less for others when I press the button, in fact one printer doesn't move the shapes at all. Very bizarre, so hopefully there is a fix or a workaround for this somewhere. I am not sure whether vba can force choose a printer, however.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back