Look in one cell and depending on entry give an output data in other cell

Tartesos

Board Regular
Hello,

I need to know if there is a way to set just that. In one cell someone will enter a number and depending on the number will get an output data result in another cell. So, one cell to type in a number, and two search list. On firts list will be the information to compare with the number that is on the entry cell and on the second list will be the information to be put on the output data cell.
Can anyone help me with it??

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Well, I use this formula that works well:
=IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,FIND(configuration!$A$3:$A$51,imput!$B$150),configuration!$B$3:$B$51)),""
,LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,FIND(configuration!$A$3:$A$51,imput!$B$150),configuration!$B$3:$B$51))
but the problem is that I have to change the imput every cell I expant. If I want to use this formula on the imput 151 I have to change the imput!$B$150 to 151 manual, I will like to just expant the formula to more cells with out changing the imput manual every single time. When I expant the formula to others cell below the imput stays the same @#$!%$^@%&^&, and that is a pain.
Do you think I can change something on this formula to be able to expant it with out been force to change the imput field?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I did that and now it changes to the correct imput cell but it changes the configuration from configuration!A3:A51 to configuration!A4:A52 and so on. I expand and the formula adds one number to those parameters. Anything I can do to avoid it or changing this? .. thanks

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back