Look up multiple values and return multiple corresponding values

copperbum

Hi,

I know how to return multiple corresponding values from a list based on one value, however now I am trying to return all the corresponding values from a list based on multiple values.

My original code is as follows:

=INDEX('FIC Info'!$A$1:$P$512,SMALL(IF('FIC Info'!$A$1:$A$512=$I$2,ROW('FIC Info'!$A$1:$A$512)),ROW('FIC Info'!1:1)),$A$11)

Where FIC Info is a tab with all of my data, I2 is the lookup value selected from a drop down list, and A11 is the column number based on the value of another drop down list.

I have been trying to alter the lookup value from one value to a series of values based on a table of data on a new tab. I have tried using a series of if statements that reads something like:

....SMALL(IF('FIC Info'!A$1:$A$512=IF($I$2='New Tab'!$A$1,'New Tab'!$A$2:$A$5,IF($I$2='New Tab'!$B$1,'New Tab'!$B$2:$B$5,IF(....

This produced an error, and I couldn't get it to work, so I tried using an OR function to replace the arrays:

....SMALL(IF('FIC Info'!A$1:$A$512=IF($I$2='New Tab'!$A$1,OR($A$2,$A$3,$A$4,$A5),IF($I$2='New Tab'!$B$1,OR($B$2,$BB$3,$B$4,$B$5),IF(....

Again, this produced an error, and has left me out of ideas. If anyone could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi,

I know how to return multiple corresponding values from a list based on one value, however now I am trying to return all the corresponding values from a list based on multiple values.

My original code is as follows:

=INDEX('FIC Info'!$A$1:$P$512,SMALL(IF('FIC Info'!$A$1:$A$512=$I$2,ROW('FIC Info'!$A$1:$A$512)),ROW('FIC Info'!1:1)),$A$11)

Where FIC Info is a tab with all of my data, I2 is the lookup value selected from a drop down list, and A11 is the column number based on the value of another drop down list.

I have been trying to alter the lookup value from one value to a series of values based on a table of data on a new tab. I have tried using a series of if statements that reads something like:

....SMALL(IF('FIC Info'!A$1:$A$512=IF($I$2='New Tab'!$A$1,'New Tab'!$A$2:$A$5,IF($I$2='New Tab'!$B$1,'New Tab'!$B$2:$B$5,IF(....

This produced an error, and I couldn't get it to work, so I tried using an OR function to replace the arrays:

....SMALL(IF('FIC Info'!A$1:$A$512=IF($I$2='New Tab'!$A$1,OR($A$2,$A$3,$A$4,$A5),IF($I$2='New Tab'!$B$1,OR($B$2,$BB$3,$B$4,$B$5),IF(....

Again, this produced an error, and has left me out of ideas. If anyone could provide some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick.
Maybe like this...

...SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH('FIC Info'!A$1:$A$512,IF($I$2='New Tab'!$A$1,'New Tab'!$A$2:$A$5,IF($I$2='New Tab'!$B$1,'New Tab'!$B$2:$B$5)),0)),...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miahr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back