Looking for Excel formula to lookup multiple criteria and in multiple sheets

ExcelNoelAga

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a master sheet (DeploymentMasterTracker) where I enter my formulas to get the values from other sheet within my document.

I have this formula: =IF(INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!C2,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0))="complete",(IF(INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&C3,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0))="not started","In progress",INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&C3,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0)))),INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!C2,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0)))

that provides me the value I seek from the sheet titled "ATL"; however, if the value returns #N/A (because it cannot match the value I8 from ATL!B:B), I want the system to search in another sheet (in the same worksheet) called "PAC" where it would use the same formula logic, and again if the value returns #N/A, I want to perform another search in a third sheet titled "PRA".

Hopefully this make sense.

Attachments

• sheet PAC.png
    sheet PAC.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Sheet ATL.png
    Sheet ATL.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Deployment Master Tracket sheet.png
    Deployment Master Tracket sheet.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
maybe not the cleanest solution but appears to work
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IFERROR(
IF(INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$2,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0))="complete",(IF(INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$3,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0))="not started","In progress",INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$3,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0)))),INDEX(ATL!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$2,ATL!A:A&ATL!D:D,0))),
IF(INDEX(PAC!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$2,PAC!A:A&PAC!D:D,0))="complete",(IF(INDEX(PAC!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$3,PAC!A:A&PAC!D:D,0))="not started","In progress",INDEX(PAC!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$3,PAC!A:A&PAC!D:D,0)))),INDEX(PAC!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$2,PAC!A:A&PAC!D:D,0)))),
IF(INDEX(PRA!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$2,PRA!A:A&PRA!D:D,0))="complete",(IF(INDEX(PRA!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$3,PRA!A:A&PRA!D:D,0))="not started","In progress",INDEX(PRA!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$3,PRA!A:A&PRA!D:D,0)))),INDEX(PRA!E:E,MATCH(B5&DeploymentMasterTracker!$C$2,PRA!A:A&PRA!D:D,0))
))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back