Index/Match Assistance

Bwiles96

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've spent the past 5 hours trying to figure out my index match formula, but my brain is mush at this point. Every instance of index/match i've been unable to return my desired value.

I am trying to return the value of the date from the reference sheet based on the "batch ticket" number on the output sheet

Sheet with formula (named Output):

Data is in A3 to C3

1702411259731.png

The formula I most recently tried in A1 above was =INDEX('Stored Data'!D2:XFD780,MATCH(Output!$A$2, 'Stored Data'!D:D,0),MATCH(Output!C3,'Stored Data'!D2:XFD780,0))

Reference Sheet (named Stored Data)

Data is in D2 to E4

1702410969551.png

Is the reason I am returning "N/A" because there is multiple instances of the word "Date"? That is the only reason I can think that this is not working.

Send help lol

That is a very different question to your original one. I think it justifies starting a new thread.
I am not sure how much interest you will get if you don't provide an XL2BB or a link to the a sample workbook, since there will be a bit of setup involved to come up with a solution.
When you provide sample data be aware that we are looking for patterns in the data, so if there are not always going to be 4 batch columns, or that the number of rows per product vary we need to know.
I would probably use VBA to convert the data. Power Query might be an option but it will most likely involve using some M code.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
That is a very different question to your original one. I think it justifies starting a new thread.
I am not sure how much interest you will get if you don't provide an XL2BB or a link to the a sample workbook, since there will be a bit of setup involved to come up with a solution.
When you provide sample data be aware that we are looking for patterns in the data, so if there are not always going to be 4 batch columns, or that the number of rows per product vary we need to know.
I would probably use VBA to convert the data. Power Query might be an option but it will most likely involve using some M code.
Sure thing!

What do you recommend my title being, because I am not too sure what I would call it that differs from this thread, but I definitely need all the help I can get on this one.

I did try to install the plug-in to provide a sample, but also go lost along the way doing that as well. I will try again once more tomorrow to give all you great people the best chance to assist me.

VBA is not out of the question for me. I have some other macros already in place in this particular document, no power query though. Not familiar with that one

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back